Saturday, April 17, 2010

Reaquainted with an old friend and cleaning













I had a chance yesterday to get outside and work a little bit in our Bellingham yard. It's been over a year since I have had the pleasure to get my fingernails dirty here. What joy I experienced finding plants that I had popped into the ground. When Lindon and I replace our septic system, we had to totally redo the back yard. So all of the planting with the exception of the rhodie, and three wigellia's we put every thing in. It's still pretty early for plants to be a blooming but there are a few things that have come out that I will be sharing with you over the next couple of days.

3 comments:

Mokihana said...

Man, if I could have that view of the water I'd never be able to leave! Of course, if it were to Kaua'i, that would be different.

Paula said...

So now Moki you see my dilemma! I am so greatful for both places. They are so unique and beautiful and yet so different! Did you make it to Kauai, or is that later in the year?

Leaon Mary said...

You know how much I love your garden Paula! I'm with Moki... that view is awesome!
I LOVE that you planted your TEAPOT! HOW CUTE IS THAT?! I have one in my garden but the whole bottom is rusted out- I found it out in the woods.
The little stand that your black planter is on cracks me up. Looks like little FEET. I can't tell but it looks like those cast iron metal feet things from years ago?
Bet it feels so good to play in the soil there.
Your fence is AMAZING.
And you have so many glazed pots.
What kind of plant is in them that's sorta orange colored?
Oh and I forgot to tell you that my Jobs tears has still not come up? I'm starting to worry. And then the word PATIENCE comes to mind. lol ???????????? What do you think? I wonder why it hasn't surfaced yet?