


One of the blogs that I follow is Kim over at Daisy Cottage.
I read this post on her blog and was deeply touched by Jack's love for his wife Tabatha. The blog entry is below if you care to read it.
"Dear Daisy Cottage Family, I received an email from a very sweet man, Jack, a little while ago. With his permission, I am going to share it with you too. Dear Kim, My name is Jack Benke. My beautiful wife Tabatha passed away last Saturday at the young age of 42. She had been battling cancer for the past two years. I find my peace in knowing that she is in a beautiful place now and that I know that she is not suffering anymore. I know you never knew her, but you were such an inspiration in her daily life. In the last month's, she never missed a day of going to your web site and listening to your music and reading your web page. It gave her a great deal of peace during a time when she was in pain. We were able to pull your music off of your web page, and those were the songs that we played at her service. As I stated, you never knew her, but you were an inspiration to her, and I thank you so very much for that. I will continue her daily visit to your web page and listen to your music. Thank you again and God bless you. Jack Benke (photo below is Jack's wife Tabatha)
I read this post on her blog and was deeply touched by Jack's love for his wife Tabatha. The blog entry is below if you care to read it."Dear Daisy Cottage Family, I received an email from a very sweet man, Jack, a little while ago. With his permission, I am going to share it with you too. Dear Kim, My name is Jack Benke. My beautiful wife Tabatha passed away last Saturday at the young age of 42. She had been battling cancer for the past two years. I find my peace in knowing that she is in a beautiful place now and that I know that she is not suffering anymore. I know you never knew her, but you were such an inspiration in her daily life. In the last month's, she never missed a day of going to your web site and listening to your music and reading your web page. It gave her a great deal of peace during a time when she was in pain. We were able to pull your music off of your web page, and those were the songs that we played at her service. As I stated, you never knew her, but you were an inspiration to her, and I thank you so very much for that. I will continue her daily visit to your web page and listen to your music. Thank you again and God bless you. Jack Benke (photo below is Jack's wife Tabatha)

(Kim at Daisy Hill then wrote) As you can imagine, my heart has been touched in a way that I can't even begin to describe. The tears have not stopped. But this post is not about me. It is for Tabatha. She was one of us. She was here and she is here now in spirit. When I asked Jack if I could share Tabatha with you he replied ... Dear Kim, Thank you so very much for your kind words. Tabatha was my life, my love and my happiness and even though my life will never be the same, I will get my strength from her to go on. She battled this old cancer for two years, but she never gave up the fight. The doctors allowed me to bring her home last Thursday where she wanted to be. I was with her Saturday morning when she left us and she left in peace. Kim I have comfort in knowing that she is in a better place and no longer in pain. I have attached a picture of her for you to use as you wish. It would be such an honor to her knowing that you were willing to share her life on your blog. I feel closest to her when I listen to your music playlist. Thank you again Kim for touching her life in a special way. God bless you, Jack "

Kim at Daisy Hill had a fantastic idea to call out to her readers to make hearts to send to Jack in honor of his love for his beloved wife Tabatha. So I joined Kim at Daisy Hill, and made a heart for Jack. It has a little scar on the side where I closed the hole for the stuffing. Much like the scar that we carry when we lose a loved one. The out pouring of hearts was really awesome. Go check them out on Kims blog; http://deardaisycottage.typepad.com/daisy_cottage/page/2/ It would be the April 12th posting.


It has been such a blessing for me to craft a little ole heart, filled with prayers and stuffing, and send it on it's way to people I have never met. Their story touched my heart, and still I am in awe at the power of this electronic medium. May we all hug our loved ones a little more closely, and not take them for granted. May we pray for those blogger's who touch lives and not even know it!Peace be to you Jack. You have a beautiful gaurdian angel watching over you.




2 comments:
Thank you for visiting my blog, and leaving such kind words. May you be sweetly blessed.
Paula, this touched me so much.
Your heart is beautiful Paula.
So is the one you made. ;)
I will never forget this post and will go visit the other blog too. I am praying for Jack.
Post a Comment