
Last night I watched the movie "Invictus". A line from the movie really spoke to me. Nelson Mandela was serving a visitor tea. He said we have gotten many a customs from the English, one of the best is Tea Time!!!! I couldn't agree with him more!!!! How many of you have shared "Tea Time" with a friend? Whether is be a shared cup with cookies, and good conversation, or a phone call to a friend during afternoon "tea time." To take time in the afternoon, to pause, sip a delicious hot tea, ponder on all that is good in life, is a blessing. I am so grateful for my tea time, and my tea time friends!!!!!!
Do any of you have any tea time rituals or routines? Do you savour it by yourself, or share it with friends? Drop me a little comment, to let me know!
And after your done sipping your afternoon tea, and want to visit another tea time friend, check out Barb over at Bella Vista, and her tea time giveaway. http://barbsgoodlife.blogspot.com/2010/06/tea-time-giveaway-hello-bloggy-buddies.html




5 comments:
Tea is definitely one of my rituals. I usually have a small cup of coffee in the morning (really coffee flavored milk as I put 3 tablespoons of coffee in a cup of milk and nuke it) then I have a cup of black tea at lunch Earl Grey or English Breakfast. Then I have a nice decaf tea after dinner. Love Peppermint or Roastaroma. yum.
Thank you for stopping by Bliss, and sharing your tea time delights! The roastaroma sounds really yummy, will have to try that one. You also turned me on to Lady Grey, which I have been enjoying as well!!!!! Well it's two o'clock in the afternoon, time for tea!!!!
Aloha Paula
I just noticed you said 2:00 is time for tea... I have just one hour to go.
Wish I could have teatime with you Paula! I wish I knew more about tea. I probably don't do it justice at all. Like... I know what NOT to do with tea? 1... DON'T.. put splenda in tea WITH a powdered creamer. No... don't do that... you'll regret it. Tastes okay but looks... like something went bad.*
I like the fragrance of tea in an antique teacup more than anything... Love teapots, and doilies, and vintage silver spoons. But I need lessons in tea.
My Gram would be proud of me if I turned from my wicked coffee ways to tea.
Lea
LOVE that picture and wish I wouldn't have missed that give away. What a beautiful give away!
I'm not a tea drinker much, unless it's iced. But I have really nice coffee times with my friends which I really love to do.
Post a Comment